A Very Happy 2015

Happy 2015 to all! We are currently in Chicago celebrating the New Year (and maybe watching a bit of the Oregon vs. Florida State bowl game) with Pete's brother and his wife, while cuddling with our little niece and nephew. 

Photo from our announcement photoshoot

While I'm not huge on resolutions (because they are so hard to keep), this time of year, I definitely think about the things I want to work on in the coming year. 

This year, I want to work on:
  • focusing on school
  • growing a healthy baby and getting prepared for him or her (in terms of nursery, baby necessities, hospital visit, birthing classes and other important decisions)
  • maintaining a strong relationship with the manfriend via date nights and fun adventures
  • redesigning and hopefully developing this little blog 

All of these are things I am pretty confident I can and will do, but it helps to just put it out there. Know what I mean? 

And as we head home tomorrow (on my birthday), I'm excited to get back to my normal eating routine. While I don't regret all the great meals and snacks we've enjoyed on our vacation, I definitely ate my share of Christmas cookies and could use a sugar detox and a whole lot more veggies in my life. Is anyone else with me on that?

How did you celebrate New Year's Eve? Do you have any goals or plans for 2015? 

Comments

Elizabeth said…
All sound like great areas to focus :) Happy New Year AND Happy BIRTHDAY! Hope your travels back are smooth and uneventful. I created a new tab on my blog for goals for 2015-2017. Feeling like a greater window of time allows for more grace these days and flexibility to respond to whatever the year actually holds now that the concrete items are in place. So excited for what 2015 will hold for you! ;) Big things are headed your way.
Anonymous said…
I am with you Lauren on the sugar problem! Happy birthday....when do we get to take you out on a Girl's night to celebrate? Jill
Happy Birthday Eve! Have a safe trip home tomorrow. I hear you on looking forward to getting back to a more normal routine. That is how I feel after the month of December!

You have a good set of goals for the year! I am posting mine next week. One goal that I didn't include in the list I'll post but plan to work on is running the Twin Cities marathon in October. My doctor gave me the OK when I saw him this week so if my body cooperates, I'll give another marathon a shot!
Jessica Jarrell said…
Oh my gosh, I've ate way too many Christmas cookies. I'm throwing the leftovers away today. I cannot have them in the house anymore, LOL. Happy Birthday! :)
Happy New Year AND Birthday!

I am like you; I don't really do resolutions, but do make some goals and/or hopes for the coming year.

I definitely need to eat less sugar and more greens starting NOW! I am not even that much of a sweet tooth, but there have been so many tempting things out there!
Amber said…
Happy Belated! I hope you had a wonderful birthday even though you were traveling. I think those sound like some pretty great and solid goals for 2015 - especially the growing a healthy little babe part :)
Lindsey said…
I'm excited for your blog redesign! I ate more treats than I usually do over the holidays, but I'm still in the mood to bake. So I made some banana chocolate chip cookies yesterday that have maple syrup instead of sugar :)

Popular Posts