The Second Trimester: Week 24

Oh where does the time go? Today marks week 26 of the pregnancy, so I better get caught up on week 24! Also, I'm glad you guys liked the Best of Lately style post. It seems like something I should do a bit more often if even to remind myself of life's little highlights. 

How I'm feeling: There is no denying I'm pregnant with the belly I'm sporting. I went to the OB this week and heard the heart beat and had my belly measured, which was right on track. My next appointment will be the lovely glucose test to screen for gestational diabetes. Heartburn is a regular occurrence in the evenings and papaya extract has been a savior (easily found in the vitamin aisle).

Baby: is the size of a cantaloupe (~10.5 to 11.8 inches, 12.7 to 20.8 ounces). Interestingly, the same length and weight range the app said baby was last week.

Weight gained: 15 lbs

Ran 20 min straight without stopping to walk! #preggovictory

I am honestly surprised that at this point (where my skin is stretching quite a bit) I'm not seeing any stretch marks. I'm guessing they are still coming as I have a hard time believing I could escape without any. I've been using this Elasticity Belli Oil 1-2 times per day.

Exercise: Thankfully, things have been a bit more normal in terms of being able to run and not feel a ton of pressure and pain in the pelvis. This week I did a good mix of yoga, running and weight lifting. I really like how this combo of workouts makes me feel strong, a little sore at times, and relaxed too. Still doing some of the Fitnessista's strength workouts!


What I'm wearing: Much of the same, but I did buy a pair of regular Zella yoga pants from Nordstrom Rack that just feel so much better around the belly than my Lululemons. The waist band is wider and the fabric is just really comfortable.

Baby preparations: Ordered a breast pump through insurance (yippee skippee!). The manfriend touched up the baseboards in the spare bedroom so they wouldn't drive me crazy anymore. And we looked at rugs yet again. I can't seem to find any I like that are soft and in the price range I want to pay. Any ideas? So far I've looked at Home Depot, West Elm, Pottery Barn Kids, Ikea, etc.

Cravings: Nothing really. Just my normal eats.

For a little Friday Fitness...
I dare you to try this 'Thailand Tush' workout from the Tone it Up girls. I know it sounds silly, but you won't be laughing when you get to minute 8 or so of this video. Your glutes will be on fiiire. Don't say I didn't warn you!

And with that, I hope you're having a fabulous Friday. I'm heading to Portland to see my friends Taylor and Randie get married at the courthouse! 


Related posts:
Pregnancy announcement
The First Trimester
The Second Trimester: Weeks 14 and 15
The Second Trimester: Weeks 16 and 17
The Second Trimester: Weeks 18 and 19
The Second Trimester: Week 20
The Second Trimester: Week 21
The Second Trimester: Week 22
Chocolate, Please: Week 23

Comments

missris said…
I got a great deal on a 100% wool rug (I didn't want anything with synthetic materials in it) from RugsUSA.com. It was surprisingly affordable and shipping was free!
Amber said…
I'm glad to hear that workouts have been feeling good! My coworker is at 31 weeks (maybe 32?) now and she's getting reallyyyy uncomfortable. But she still says that moving and working out feels better than sitting at her desk all day!
Leigh said…
The glucose test isn't too bad...just don't think too much about the taste and get it down :) The best part is how it makes the baby move so much!
I hope the glucose tests going well and that you don't have GD. If you did it wouldn't be a huge deal, it's just an added inconvenience (my sister and SIL both had it with all of their pregnancies). I am glad that the baby's growth is on track and that you're able to continue to be active!!
Have you tried Overstock.com? I don't know what your price range is, but they have a filter where you can put in the material etc...and they have a ton of cute ones!
I'm soooo far behind on reading blogs. But, you look great (well, your belly looks great, ha!). I never found luck in ordering rugs online. We actually went to a local tile & carpet store. They had tons of catalogues for us to look through. The upside of ordering that way was (1) we could ask questions about the feel of materials, the manufacturers, etc. and (2) we could return to the store to see the rug before buying it. Definitely worked in our favor and I don't think we spent more than we otherwise would have.

Popular Posts